Oticon Opn 2 IIC
Oticon Opn 2 hearing aids are leading Danish company Oticon’s Advanced custom hearing aid solution. They can be made as a truly invisible hearing aid (IIC) for eight out of ten people.
Oticon Opn 2 hearing aids can be custom made as a discreet t0 truly invisible hearing aids solution (IIC). Opn 2 is the Advanced model of leading Danish company Oticon’s custom range. Being on the Opn Sound Navigator Platform they preserve the sound scape naturally and the streams of speech from where ever they are coming from to support the way our brains process and naturally make sense of soound
One of the main advantages of custom in the canal hearing aids is that they make use of the natural shape of your ear to direct sound into the canal and therefore preserve the natural inter-aural timing and intensity cues that enable you localise where sounds are coming from. These vital cues also enable you to separate the speech you want to attend to from other competing sounds around you.
With the premium digital processing Velox chip platform with 48 Channels they provide accurate shaping of the amplification to your hearing levels across the frequency range and rapid noise reduction to provide comfort and clarity in busy social environments with competing noise.
For more information on Oticon Opn hearing aids please see their official page:
Some of the main benefits of an Invisible in the canal (IIC) style hearing aids are:
- Their miniature size and invisible appearance.
- The location of the microphone in the ear canal helps with:
- natural positioning when using a telephone.
- the preservation of the natural acoustics provided by the external ear (Auricle or Pinna) that help with localising the direction of sound.
- Reduces wind turbulence as tucked further in away from wind.
Some of the limitations of invisible in the canal (IIC) style hearing aids are:
- Less power of the amplifiers and speaker unit (receiver) due to smaller size.
- Single omni-directional microphone that picks up sound arriving from all around you. Therefore less adaptive directionality of microphones to pivot their focal patterns away from noise.
- Limitations of ear canal anatomy. May be too small to be made as a true IIC to house all the components.
- There may be management difficulties if you have poor vision or manual dexterity.
- Too small to come with the option of a Telecoil.
- As they sit deeper in a humid/moist ear canal they are more susceptible to breakdown due to ingress of ear wax (cerumen) and moisture. This can be minimised with regular use of an active dehumidifying device.
- As they have a smaller surface area they are more likely to:
- feedback (e.g. whistle) due to acoustic leakage
- work loose or migrate out whilst talking and chewing.
The Oticon Opn 1 IIC/CIC is the top of the line or premium custom fitting hearing aid from Oticon with the following high key features for maximum speech clarity, comfort in background noise and reduction of listening effort:
- 48 Channels and their Benefits: Accurately shapes amplification to your hearing levels across a wide frequency range. Also enables more opportunity to filter background noise from the desired speech sound in each frequency band or channel.
- A Wide 8 KHz Band width: Preserves the higher frequency harmonics in speech that provide further separation of speech from competing noise. The additional cues of the wider band also go to improve localisation to identity and pinpoint where different sounds are coming from. This in turn improves speech intelligibility and reduces listening effort in complex sound environments.
- Open Sound Navigator™ is the sound processing that reduces noise whilst preserving the distinct streams of speech from wherever they are coming from. This is enabled from Oticon’s Multi Speaker Access Technology (MSAT) that ensures access to all speakers in a dynamic environment.
Numerous advantages of this style include:
- Makes effective use of the natural anatomy of the ear to direct sound into the ear and preserve the natural inter-aural timing and intensity cues that help localise sound and separate speech from other sounds.
- There’s a reduction in the occlusion effect (OE) the blocked up sensation with a deeper fitting
- Less prone to wind turbulence as the microphone picks up sound deeper in the ear canal.
- Complete discretion.
Left Side, Right Side, Both Sides
Beige faceplate, Black faceplate