Oticon Own 5 Custom Hearing Aid
Oticon Own 5 custom hearing aids are precision made to fit completely in you ear canal. They provide excellent sound quality and clarity.
Hearing aids include:
- 3 years of warranty (5 Years on Select Models)
- 1 Year of Unlimited Services ~ Hearing Test, Fitting & Follow Ups as required.
- 1 Year of Insurance for Loss and Damage Beyond Repair*
- Lowest Price Guarantee (5% Price Beat Guarantee)
- 30 Day Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee
Oticon Own 5 custom hearing aids are precision made to fit comfortably inside your ear canal. They can be a truly invisible hearing aid solution (IIC). Own 5 is the more affordable entry model of leading Danish company Oticon’s custom range. Being on the Opn Sound Navigator Platform they preserve the sound scape naturally and the streams of speech from where ever they are coming from to support the way our brains process and naturally make sense of soound
One of the main advantages of custom in the canal hearing aids is that they make use of the natural shape of your ear to direct sound into the canal and therefore preserve the natural inter-aural timing and intensity cues that enable you localise where sounds are coming from. These vital cues also enable you to separate the speech you want to attend to from other competing sounds around you.
With the premium digital processing chip platform with 48 Channels they provide accurate shaping of the amplification to your hearing levels across the frequency range and rapid noise reduction to provide comfort and clarity in busy social environments with competing noise.
A few limitations of invisible in the canal (IIC) style hearing aids are:
- Less power of the amplifiers and speaker unit (receiver) due to smaller size.
- Single omni-directional microphone that picks up sound arriving from all around you. Therefore less adaptive directionality of microphones to pivot their focal patterns away from noise.
- Limitations due to ear canal anatomy. May be too small to be made as a true IIC to house all the components.
- There may be management difficulties if you have poor vision or manual dexterity.
- Too small to come with the option of a Telecoil.
- As they sit deeper in a humid/moist ear canal they are more susceptible to breakdown due to ingress of ear wax (cerumen) and moisture. This can be minimised with regular use of an active dehumidifying device.
- As they have a smaller surface area they are more likely to:
- feedback (e.g. whistle) due to acoustic leakage
- work loose or migrate out whilst talking and chewing.
Great Advantages of the In the canal hearing aid hearing aid style:
- Makes effective use of the natural anatomy of the ear to direct sound into the ear and preserve the natural inter-aural timing and intensity cues that help localise sound and separate speech from other sounds.
- There’s a reduction in the occlusion effect (OE) the blocked up sensation with a deeper fitting.
- Less prone to wind turbulence as the microphone picks up sound deeper in the ear canal.
- Complete discretion.
- Their miniature size and invisible appearance.
- The location of the microphone in the ear canal helps with
- natural positioning when using a telephone.
- The preservation of the natural acoustics provided by the external ear (Auricle or Pinna) that help with localising the direction of sound.
- Reduces wind turbulence as tucked further in away from wind.
Features Own 4 Own 5 Technology Class Basic Entry Processing Channels 48 48 Fitting Bands 14 12 Fitting Bandwidth 8 kHz 8 kHz OpenSound Navigator • – Speech Guard • – Transient Noise Management • – Wind Noise Management • • Direct Streaming (c) (d) • • Hands-Free Communication (c) (d) • • Bluetooth / Wireless (c) • •
Left Side, Right Side, Both Sides
Beige faceplate, Black faceplate